Dividing process into packets and rescheduling hardware control
- Individual processing to divide into minute packets. Packet is in format independent of hardware.
- Multiple packets are scheduled to execute efficiently on target hardware.
- Checking dependencies and executing on completely dedicated hardware, can control minutely at micro order.
- By packetizing, can minimize the idle time of the hardware making it an extremely efficient system.
- Similar to process management in OS, can virtualize actual hardware to
show multiple hardware.
- Hardware resource management which can be difficult in a system, is unnecessary so that the cost on the CPU is greatly reduced.
Plug-in Architecture (Simple Hardware interface)
- Hardware interface is common and extremely simple specification.
- Hardware needs to perform packet processing according to specifications and must handle fragmentation.
- Indirect reference through parameter pointer so hardware inherent connections are no needed.
- If the specifications are followed then possible to create various versions with just addition/removal of hardware.
Scenario Drive (Simple software interface)
- For each engine, execution is described in 1 list. This list is a scenario.
- Software is just this scenario written into memory. Then just need to kick off the packetized hardware.
- Scenario can be as many as required, and all can be executed simultaneously.
Of course, the same hardware can be mutually used without nay problem.
- Scenario can have binding conditions for execution of various hardware attached, thereby can realize operation sequence as per convention.